English for Pre-Intermediate

Thursday, March 15, 2012

THURSDAY'S (15.03) LESSON


  1. Revision: practice page 154 in your course book
  2. Try to finish page 56-57 by yourself 
  3. Complete the worksheet  
    • Girlfriend's bad mood makes Max feel bad.
      • Walking on the beach makes me feel good.
        PRONUNCIATION
         Early sounds like 'urly; like 'curly hair'
          Early
          Ear
       These two words do not sound the same.

       GRAMMAR POINT
      It started being warm. = It started to be warm.
      I try to clean up my room. = I try cleaning up my room.  NOT I try to cleaning up my room.


      She make cooking easy. <-NOT-> She makes to cook easy.

      I remember to feed my cat. 
      I remember feeding my cat yesterday. (PAST EVENT!)  

      1. to mind = to have a problem. (don't like something)
      2. to mind = to obey
      Does your son obey you?
      Yours son obeys you, Your son minds you

      to mind 
      I don't mind

      Mind your manners (to be polite, please)

      What do you enjoy in the summer ? I enjoy sailing in the summer
      I'm not good at........shopping
                           my wife is good at shopping!
      Is your wife good at cooking? Yes, she's good at cooking!
      Tell me something you hate doing: I hate doing homework!

      Do you ever sing at shower?                            No, I never sing in the shower.
      Do your ever sing at Karaoke bar?                  No, I never sing in the Karaoke bar.
      Do you ever sing at a choir?
      Do you ever? NO NEVER, YES SOMETIMES
      Have you ever been to Spain

      guideline
                         

                  

        No comments:

        Post a Comment

        Any comments, questions? Yes, please do!